As part of the XX Files Radio Project, Studio XX carried out a workshop and an online tutorial allowing groups of young people to create electronic art.
The workshop was coordinated by Valérie d. Walker and developed by artist Darsha Hewitt for a group of 6th grade students at the F.A.C.E. school with teacher Ms. Reavall.
Workshop and tutorial documentation
Please refer to the following workshop documents to get acquainted with Unstrument and the assembling of electronic circuits:
Text version of workshop tutorial
- Step by step : xhtml or PDF* version
- Parts and purchase list : xhtml or PDF* version
- Troubleshooting guide : xhtml or PDF* version
- Unstrument - squarewave oscillator : xhtml or PDF* version
- Schematic Symbols : xhtml or PDF* version
- Diagram : xhtml or PDF* version
- Schematics : xhtml or PDF* version
* PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Player : download this free reader here
Questions? Comments? Contact-us
Documentation of the workshop at the F.A.C.E. school
March 11, 2010
- About Us
- Electronic arts for families
- Matricules Archives
XX Files Radio Project
Created over the past year with support from the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy, CKUT 90.3 FM, F.A.C.E., Koumbit and Urbanink, The XX Files Radio Project consists of the digitizing and online publishing of The XX Files radio show, the production of commissioned thematic podcasts and workshops enabling youth groups to create electronic art.
Listen to commissioned thematic podcast by media artists Guylaine Bertrand, Valérie d. Walker and Britt Wray.
See Unstrument Workshop tutorial and documentation at F.A.C.E. School.